1513 Dyre Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19124
Phone: (215) 289-2142
Information Technology Project Manager and Senior Business Analyst with solid expertise in managing web and client server application development life cycles, using Java, ASP, SQL-server, .NET environments. Proven leader in bridging the communications gap between business units and the IT organization. Recognized for creating consensus on project expectations, including accurately planning scope, time frames and cost. Skills in producing quality business and technical documentation.
Global Indemnity, Bala Cynwyd, PA - 8/2011 – Present
Sr Business Analyst/Project Manager
Utilizing Business Analyst skills to create business requirement documents for a Property & Casualty Insurance Company
• Develop detailed Business/Functional Requirements documents based on clients’ specifications for Commercial Auto, Commercial Property and Collectible lines of business.
• Work closely with Product Management and Underwriting for multiple lines of business to develop technology solutions
• Interpreted ISO change circulars to define and document regulatory changes to rates and rating methods
• Subject Matter Expert for Development and Quality Assurance teams with respect to Commercial Auto Line of Business
IntePros, King of Prussia, PA - 1/2011 – 8/2011
Sr Business Analyst at MedRisk (Contractor)
Utilizing Business Analyst skills to create business requirement documents for a leading Workers Compensation claim processing company
• Develop detailed Business Requirements documents based on clients’ specifications
• Incorporating functional specifications within the Business Requirements Documentation
• Testing application changes and training of end users in new functionality
IDP, Inc, Wyncote, PA - 8/2010 – 9/2010
Sr Business Analyst (Contractor)
Utilizing Business Analyst skills to create business requirement documents for Homeowners Insurance.
• Develop Business Requirements documents based on clients’ specifications
• Document processes using Use Case examples and wire-frame models
Pyramid Consulting, Owings Mills, MD 1/2010 – 7/2010
Ratabase Developer/ Sr Business Analyst at Farmers Insurance (Contractor)
Utilizing Business Analyst and development skills to create and maintain rating engine formulas for Commercial Property/Casualty products, as well document current state of various systems.
• Develop rating formulas for new products using Ratabase rating engine
• Provided current state documentation on various Commercial Insurance systems.
• Wrote and maintained requirements documentation for rating systems.
Oracle, Chester, PA - 4/2007 – 5/2009
Senior Consultant for a leading software development company. Providing technical expertise in the area of Business and Functional Requirements, and planning.
• Leading data integration team. mapping data fields to/from Policy Administration software to legacy applications of major financial company using SQL Server, Oracle and DB2 database methods
• Application configuration using xml
• Responsible for planning, scheduling and resources of project using MS-Project
NELSON, Philadelphia, PA - 12/2004 - 4/2007
Project Manager for a leading Architectural and Engineering company. Providing technical expertise in the area of Project Management and System Development Life Cycle delivery. Manage the daily development efforts in an ASP.NET environment
• Maintain of SQL Data Transformation Services
• Assisted in the development of the Project Management methodology for the company.
• Responsible for business writing proposals for external clients, business and technical analysis, quality assurance and service delivery.
INTERLINE BRANDS, Mt. Laurel, NJ - 3/2004 - 12/2004
Business Analyst (Contractor)
Streamline credit department through development of more efficient computer applications, policies and procedures.
• Developed new procedures within the department eliminate potential fraud and/or theft.
• Worked with management to identify any/all ways to make credit and collections department more efficient through enhanced applications, data files and/or procedures.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT, Philadelphia, PA - 3/2004 - 12/2004
Provided consultant services for small to mid-sized local companies, assisting in web presence, design and implementation of web sites.
• Facilitated and led vendor selection alumni association’s web site, from vendor selection to final design..
AETNA, Blue Bell, PA - 8/1998 - 11/2002
Managed full development life cycle of web enabled enrollment applications for leading Healthcare provider using JAVA, ASP, SQL-Server on both Dynamo and WebSphere platforms. Applications provided both plan sponsors as well as members the opportunity to enter and manage their enrollment data within the application.
TELESPECTRUM WORLDWIDE, Philadelphia, PA - 1/1998 - 7/1998
Director of Application Development
Managed an application development department of 4 leaders and 16 developers for a leading telemarketing company; responsible for staffing, mentoring and career development..
ARAMARK, Philadelphia, PA -1/1994 - 1/1998
Responsible for all Application Development in Healthcare support service division.
COLONIAL PENN INSURANCE, Trooper, PA - 1/1987 - 1/1994
Manager of Financial Systems
Responsible for managing staff of six in supporting automated rating system, regulatory reporting and actuarial department for both Property/Casualty Insurance.
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Majored in Management of Computerized Information Systems. Two years undergraduate courses and two six month cooperation education paid positions:
Mobil Oil Corporation, Fairfax, VA (Six month cooperative education Assignment)
Colonial Penn Insurance Company, Devon, PA (six months cooperative education Assignment)
Communication Support / Helpdesk Representative
Peirce College, Philadelphia, PA
Associates of Science in Computer Data Processing